31.12.08

{2009...almost}

Happy New Years Eve!! I am jealous of all of you that are home relaxing, as if it were still the holiday season :) I am counting the slow hours until I can be home, having a party for 3...indie, hubby and me. We aren't doing much...bbqing, going for a run and feeling comforted that we just made 2008 the best year of our lives so far. When I look back on all that has happened, our marriage and honeymoon, the new family I gained, the new house we have made a home and the incredible friendships that have strengthened I feel excited for what 2009 holds. I don't usually make resolutions, as I never follow through with them, and then I end up feeling like a failure...lol, so I came up with some things that I hope come true. Simple wishes and desires.

1. find a place for everything we own...clothing included. The cedar chest is not a closet!

2. make time to dance with my husband- while listening to our record player.

3. take indie on walks that make HER tired- walks that make us beg for water, lot's of H20.

4. cook complete meals at least 4 times a week, and sit down at the table to enjoy them.

5. slow down.

6. visit Half Moon Bay more often.

7. go on a few road trips, dog included.

8. outline my novel.

9. visit visalia, minnesota, Idaho, the OC, megan and katy's house...get to know our friends better, create memories.

10. go to the movies, the flea market, anywhere that shows M and I something new to talk about and discuss.

11. open our eyes to new things, food, friends and experiences...volunteer, give, share and hold hands every step of the way.

12. write letters to my family in south dakota and idaho, send photos, sign our name in pen, not by e-mail.

HAPPY 2009 y'all!!! xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

1 comment:

Clair said...

Happy new year Aleyta! We are staying in too... drinking champagne and seeing if we can make it til 12am. I am an early bird, haha. Apparently they have some fireworks on the Bay and we are going to see if we can see them from our condo window since we face that way. We'll see. Oh and if this fog goes away.. if not, not a chance, haha