
Dear BART rider,
It has come to my attention that you were not raised properly or perhaps just have zero class and I have to deal with it since we ride BART together every morning.
You as a guy have flat shoes on, comfortable slacks and carry a newspaper in your right hand. I myself am wearing heels, a suit jacket, sometimes a skirt and thigh highs, with my dry cleaning or lunch in my hand. No, you do not get to sit there, relaxing and gawk at me while I am struggling to stand up. Notice my furrowing brows and death glare. You appear lazy and uneducated as it is a common courtesy to offer a lady your seat. Now, for the ladies. If a man offers you his seat, do not give him the feminist answer of, "Just because I am a woman does not mean I need to sit down." Take the seat. Do not teach these men that it's okay to be disrespectful and impolite. Yes we know as a feminist you are capable of standing and remaining uncomfortable, but if these men weren't taught properly by their mothers, then it's our duty to show them we appreciate their kindness. (note- M and I have ridden BART together many times, and he will never let a lady stand if he has a seat. Roberta taught him well, and I am sooo proud of what a dashing man I have.)
Back to my vent. Those of you with ipods. The point of an ipod is similar to that of a walkman. Remember those?? It's so you can listen to your music without everyone else hearing it. Hence, the headphones!! So, when you get onto BART, please be aware that you are not the only one on the train and as much as you want everyone to know you listen to rap really super loud, and what a tough thug you are, turn the freakin' thing down. No one cares about your taste in music.
And last. When on BART, you are still in the presence of others. BART is not a place to chomp your gum, talk on the phone at the top of your lungs (you are the only one who is interested in your date with Fred last night) or shove your armpit in someones face.
Use your manners, take a shower and wait your turn in line. These are all things you should have learned in pre-school.
Thank you.
1 comment:
Poor baby! I feel bad you have to put up with all this every day! If anyone ever gives you a hard time just let me know and ill be there for you!!! I love you so much and can't wait to see you tonight!
Post a Comment