21.10.08

now that the wedding planning is over...

We miss the planning, the build up and the fact we got to see our family and friends every weekend :) I'm sure everyone thinks their wedding was the best, that their family does the most and their hair stylist rocked. Buuutttt...I really think mine was, is and did. I don't mean to keep harping on the wedding, it's just that it was the best day of our lives and I can't stop thinking about it! Up until the day of I don't think a smile ever left my face. There was zero stress and I woke up refreshed every morning. I could probably write a novel (one of the many I want to attempt) about common bridal sense! I'm just so gosh darn happy I don't know what to do with myself sometimes. I'm sure the missing of the wedding planning will pass...in fact I know it will. And in its place is the decorating of our house (now taking applicants for interior decorating help!!) the purchasing of a puppy (if I don't let Matt have one he's going to make me have babies!) and the holidays. This is the first time in my life I get to start my OWN traditions. I didn't have many growing up, and the ones I did have I've clung onto so tightly that at the age of 29 I still get chocolate covered marschino cherries in my stocking "just because" it's a tradition and my Aunt doesn't want to let me down.

PS Yes, she knows I don't eat them...

2 comments:

Roberta said...

The wedding and planning thereof was almost like giving birth without the pain. It even took nine months! When I saw you in your dress just before the ceremony you took my breath away. You had the biggest smile on your face. I'll never forget it. I'm so happy I get to call you daughter!!! Love you xoxoxo

Carpenter said...

A, your wedding was amazing and yes, I shed a tear too about not getting to see you every weekend : (
Thank you for having us a part of your oh-so-perfect weekend. YOU LOOKED DROP-DEAD GORGEOUS!! We absolutely love you and your hubby and we will be in the Walnut Creek for a week during X-Mas so plans are a stirrin'. Love you and I think your blog is genius.....I second a book written about all the wedding tips and tricks. xoxoxoxo