We're starting Sophie on rice cereal tomorrow!! Pretty exciting stuff. We don't have a high chair yet so I'm going to start the search for a good one. Any recommendations?? My main requirement is that it's easy to clean and folds up. I ordered the book "Superfoods" by Annabel Karmel. I have another of her baby food cookbooks but this one looked just as awesome. Like magazines I love cookbooks. The internet just doesn't do it, although it would be a lot cheaper! I did order them used :)The other book I ordered is "Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child" It came with high recommendations from many people. Sophie sleeps in her crib, but the crib is in our room and now that's she's approaching 5 months I think it's time she goes to her beautiful nursery! It's harder on me than it is on her obviously :) I'm sure all moms understand!! Or maybe not, maybe I'm the crazy one who can't seem to sleep away from her baby. Yikes! Oh well.
Tomorrow we are off to a baby shower for one of my best-friends sisters. Alyze is here from NY so it's EXTRA special. I've never been so excited for a baby shower!!!! Sophie has her outfit all ready of course. Sunday we are meeting up with our pastor after church to finalize Sophie's dedication on May 2nd. My mom is really making it a special day with the lunch she is throwing afterwards. There is a color theme and all! That's where I get my love for party planning! Never a dull get together in my family. Poor Matt didn't know what he was marrying into ;)
Waiting for my other best-friend Sarah to have her baby. She's 7 days overdue so it could happen any minute! We're gonna go visit them in Visalia as soon as we can. I told Sarah I want to get her one of those food delivery services instead of baby stuff. When Sophie was born that's all I wanted, and it didn't really happen so Matt and I got a lot of take-out. And Kristens chili!
Boot Camp on Monday!!!
It's a good life and Sophie makes it the best life Matt and I could ask for.
2 comments:
I started the kids on rice cereal and then went to bananas and then to avocado. They loved the avocado the best!! I'm sure little Sophie will too, since she is 1/8 Puerto Rican. lol.
We are going to start getting the baby's room ready too! We will be putting her in the room my mom usually stays in and moving that bed into the boy's room for Adam to sleep on. I usually keep my babies in a bassinet in my room until they are 3 or 4 months or until they are too big for it. Then I move them to their room in the crib with a baby monitor so I can hear them if they cry.
I'm sure Sophie will be fine in her nursery, after all she'll just be sleeping! I think the first night is always the hardest for mom. I think I checked on my kids probably 4 or 5 times to make sure they were okay. But of course they were! It's just part of being a mom!
Did my mom ever tell you what I did on the first night I had Brandon home? I was so scared to put him down to sleep because I thought something would happen to him that I held him all night long. That was the last night I ever did that though! I was so exhausted the next day that I got over it quick!!
Thanks for the info! I love that she's 1/8 puerto Rican. Very cool :) Looking forward to your visit and celebrating Adams birthday! I
Post a Comment