& note the beautiful glass serving pumpkin in the background (compliments of the Sorensens!)
I am so excited. I signed my name "A.Meldrum" at the social security office and it felt amazing! I think I've had more names than anyone...so it's nice to know that it won't be changing now for the rest of my life. We had such a relaxing day off together...our Meldrum family of 3 :)
M made potatoes and fakin' bacon for breakfast. (and a fried egg for him) It was delicious. I don't know what it is, but M can cook breakfast's better than I can. The potatoes were perfect! Seasoned and just soft enough, but not squishy. Ya know? My aunt Autumn's are a pretty close tie for first in my mind. She cubes hers and melts grated chedder cheese. Genna likes my Mom's potatoes b/c they are crispy and flat. Funny how we each have our favorites. I hope our kids gow up loving their Dad's papas, and my quesadillas :) When I think of my favorite childhood comfort foods, these come to mind: (from my mom)
1. homemade macaroni & cheese w/ green peas (crispy on the top!)
2. tortilla soup with all the fixings! (freshly made tortilla strips, avocado, sour cream, cilantro..)
3. chicken in the crock pot with spicy red sauce (the one meat dish I truly miss!)
4. fried zucchini
5. potato salad with green beans and balsamic vinegar
6. scalloped potatoes
7. grilled cheese...YUM x a million
8. enchiladas
9. egg foo young
10. stuffed bell peppers
and from my auntie Autumn...
1. pork chops, rice and salad
2. cheese ravioli's
3. one eyed egyptians
4. chicken pot pie
5. tacos with potatoes mixed into the meat
6. white rice...in the rice cooker :)
7. breakfast potatoes with lot's of cheese!!
8. bagels on x-mas morning
and now, from my mother-in-law!
1. stir-fry
2. fried burritos
3. homemade soups
4. blackened grilled cheese sammies
5. homemade pizza...with lot's of pepper flakes!
mmm...I'm getting hungry!!! We took Indie to the vet yesterday. She was so good. They took blood to make sure she doesn't have heartworm. (came out negative) and they also gave her a shot to prevent Lyme disease. We have a lot of deer in our neighborhood, and she could possibly get ticks. (We started her on Frontline) The day passed too quick. After La Pin (yes, I got talked into it) and some scary movie watching we hit the sack...only to wake up to the smell of...poop.
Our darling little girl had to go I guess. We cleaned for a long time. Opened all of the doors, turned on the fans...thank goodness we had bought rug cleaner, pet spot removal, pet odor spray, you name it! It wasn't on the rug, so it ended up being okay. Darn little stinker! xxoo
No comments:
Post a Comment